Recruiters everywhere are experiencing a surge in demand for quality candidates combined with an increasing quest for diversity and inclusion. Traditional approaches and outdated processes are proving inadequate to meet these challenges. Consequently, many recruitment firms are failing to capitalize on the huge potential for growth.
My next guest, Natasha Makhijani, has managed to transform these challenges into an opportunity to revolutionize the recruitment industry. In this episode, Natasha shares how her team has developed their own mobile apps to increase candidate attraction, engagement and diversity. She also reveals how they ensure much greater diversity and how they’re pioneering the use of Amazon’s Alexa to stay at the cutting edge of executive search.
Episode Outline and Highlights
- [0:30] Why I invited Natasha back for the second time on the show
- [03:38] Inclusion in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – how did Oliver Sanderson earn this prestigious recognition?
- [09:28] How technology helped the brand to grow despite the pandemic
- [16:55] How Natasha creates employee engagement and provides practical and emotional support while working remotely
- [22:49] The benefit of having a dedicated research / market mapping team
- [25:46] What are the three types of recruiters the brand employs?
- [30:00} Natasha’s role as Co-Chair of the HR Section Group at APSCo
- [31:20] A revolutionary approach to diversity and inclusion
- [35:00] The charity focused on helping to uplift emerging talent and overcome the challenges faced by marginalized professionals
- [39:46] How the Snapp CV app brings technology and search together to increase talent engagement in a candidate-driven market
- [49:40] Using effective video content to grab the attention of high-level professionals and get them into your recruitment process
- [51:30] New ventures – Natasha’s success in finding investors for a radical solution taking the recruitment industry into a new direction.
Being a Part of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Across the UK, plans are put into place to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. 2022 marks the 70th year since her ascension.
For the Oliver Sanderson team, this is an even more thrilling event as the recruitment business has been chosen as one of 70 companies across the UK that represents the values of the British Monarchy and what they stand for.
The brand is the only recruitment business that has received this honor and the team’s advances in the field of technology and taking the recruitment industry to a more digital world is what they are being recognized for.
“Alexa: Find Me a Job”
When it comes to advances in technology, the team at Oliver Sanderson is at the forefront of development. Their Oliver Sanderson OS Executive App – brings digital innovation to the executive search process.
Natasha explains, “when we go out and map the candidates, once we’ve got a long list of candidates whom we think are of interest. At that point, you can either just reach out to them or you can send them a link to an app which allows them to watch a little video.” If they like what they see, they can proceed from there onwards but you already got them to the point to make a small commitment. The app is proving to be a highly effective solution to combat the challenges of a candidate-driven market.
This podcast is proudly sponsored by i-intro®.
i-intro® is an end-to-end retained recruitment platform. Our technology and methodology allows recruiters to differentiate themselves from the competition, win more retained business, bigger fees and increase their billings. Be sure to mention Mark Whitby or The Resilient Recruiter for a 25% discount. Book your free, no-obligation consultation here: www.recruitmentcoach.com/retained.
Natasha Makhijani Bio and Contact Info
Degree Qualified from City University and a Masters in HR from the USA. Natasha began her professional career with Hays Logistics on their graduate scheme. She set up the Victoria office with her manager, and within two years, the Victoria office and the staff of eight were the top-performing office in the country. She was offered the opportunity to work with Michael Page and Robert Walters. She started with Michael Page Human Resources, and she became their top biller within HR during her first year. She helped set up their St Albans office and then moved to London to set up permanent recruitment for the Public Sector. Later, Natasha was promoted to Managing Consultant and contributed to the growth of the Public sector office. She considers herself lucky to have had a revelation to an entrepreneurial community from an early age, and she believes this helped her to shape into somebody who is vibrant and enthusiastic and with a keen interest and passion for business.
Oliver Sanderson is a dynamic brand in Executive Search & Selection that looks after Perm and Interim assignments to FTSE 100 & 250 clients. They offer retained, exclusive and contingent end-to-end recruitment in a variety of disciplines and serve major UK & Global sectors. They also provide cutting-edge service solutions to customers, ensuring the needs are met in tune with the changing marketplace. As the market changes, so do the needs of candidates and clients, and the expert team at Oliver Sanderson ensures there are strategies created around new topics matters, IR35 and BAME, to name a few, to satisfy client and candidate needs.
Oliver Sanderson offers access to new products such as their mobile job app from candidate attraction, to Drag & Drop to 1st stage video interviewing platform through their sister company Snapp CV Group PLC. Devising an alternative method of recruitment through their technology strategy has helped to move forward in the recruitment space, and they are excited about developing the digital side to recruitment through the use of Artificial Intelligence with new products.
- Natasha on LinkedIn
- Oliver Sanderson Group PLC website link
- Oliver Sanderson Group PLC on LinkedIn
- Oliver Sanderson Group PLC on Instagram
- Oliver Sanderson Group PLC on Twitter
- Oliver Sanderson Group PLC on Facebook
- Snapp CV website link
People and Resources Mentioned
- APSCO website link
- Ann Swain on LinkedIn
- Diversely website link
- Helen McGuire on LinkedIn
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Gary Vaynerchuk
Connect with Mark Whitby
- Get your FREE 30-minute strategy call
- Mark on LinkedIn
- Mark on Twitter: @MarkWhitby
- Mark on Facebook
- Mark on Instagram: @RecruitmentCoach
Related Podcast You Might Enjoy
- TRR 30 How to Open Doors and Build Relationships at C-Level
- TRR 90 How to Build a World-Class Talent Development Program
- TRR 57 Diversity as a Differentiator How Recruiters Can Attract 70% More Diverse Talent
If you’ve been enjoying the podcast, please take two minutes to leave a review. Your review is greatly appreciated because it helps us attract a bigger audience and help more recruiters. “Support the podcast and leave a review here”.